It is the policy of Cooper Insulation to promote high standards of health, safety and welfare that comply with the provisions and requirements of the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act 2005 and the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (General Application) 2007 to 2016 Regulations, the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (Construction) Regulations 2013 as well as all other statutory provisions and Codes of Practice.
We are committed to prevention of injury and ill health to the safety of our staff and we are committed to ensuring the safety of visitors, clients and contractors on our various sites / workplaces under our control. It is the policy of management at Cooper Insulation:
- To ensure that all employees realise that they have a responsibility to co-operate with Management, in order to achieve a healthy and safe workplace and to take reasonable care of themselves and others.
- To consult with all staff and employees on matters of health and safety.
- To co-operate with, and seek the co-operation of, clients, main contractors, sub-contractors and enforcing authorities, to ensure work is carried out in a safe manner.
- To review the contents of this Safety Statement as changes occur in this operation and periodically, to ensure this document is relevant.
- To bring the contents of the Safety Statement to all employees attention, at least annually, by providing them with access to the document.
- To provide sufficient resources for the implementation of this policy and to seek competent advice if required.
- To work in accordance with any Joint Safety Agreements, approved by the Health and Safety Authority, in relation to the construction industry.
- To provide health surveillance where a need is identified by a risk assessment or where prescribed by law.
- To source materials that complies with the appropriate safety standards.
The senior management team of Cooper Insulation have planned and established measurable objectives and targets based on the Health and Safety Policy. These objectives are regularly reviewed and measured to ensure they reflect the activities of the company. Management also strive to build on the health and safety management system we have achieved through a process of continuous improvement.